Want that glamorous smile?
Drs. Cary and Jonathan Limberakis offer multiple teeth whitening solutions at their Abington, PA, office, 3 minutes away from their previous location in Jenkintown. Read below to learn about their take-home kits, commercial products, and in-office procedures.
Reasons for Discolored Teeth
Discolored, dull, or stained, teeth are a result of:
- Smoking or chewing tobacco
- Poor oral care, i.e. not brushing or flossing properly
- Drinking coffee and/or tea
- Eating certain foods such as soy
Under your tooth's enamel is a darker yellowish tissue, dentin, that become exposed when enamel is worn away. Enamel is worn since food particles are naturally attracted to it. Over time, your white teeth will gradually yellow as the dentin becomes more prominent.
There are several methods to whitening your teeth.
Here are a few:
- At Home Kits Personally Customized for Your Teeth: Your Abington dentist, previously located in Jenkintown, takes impressions of your teeth to make two trays, one for your upper jaw and another for its lower counterpart. All you need to do is fill each tray with whitening gel provided by your dentist, position each tray over the upper and bottom teeth, then wait for about an hour. You may need to repeat the process to see the results you want.
- Commercially Available Products, like Toothpaste and Mouthwash: Theses specifically chosen goods will remove stains and make your teeth multiple shades brighter. The products may be a bit abrasive, so avoid overusing them. Additionally, note that these products will not help severely discolored teeth or dental restorations such as crowns, bridges, and veneers.
- In-office Procedure: First, a device designed to keep your cheeks and lips open will be placed in your mouth. This device ensures that the soft tissue in your mouth won't come in contact with the hydrogen peroxide gel and other high-concentration bleaching products. The dentist will then apply the gels on the surface of your teeth, leaving it for a few minutes before removal. The procedure takes about one-hour and yields the fastest results.
Are you interested in brightening your smile? Drs. Cary and Jonathan Limberakis offer teeth whitening in their Abington, PA, office (3 minutes from their old location in Jenkintown). Call for an appointment at (215) 886-8866 today!