Information For Patients
My first visit
Being well-prepared for your appointment will ensure that the doctor has all of the needed information to provide the best possible care for you. It also will help relieve any unnecessary anxiety you may be feeling. Educate yourself on your symptoms by reviewing the content on this Web site. Also, take some time to review our staff page and familiarize yourself with the doctors. We look forward to your first visit.
There are a few ways to schedule your initial appointment. This is designed to help us match your expectation when you arrive. When you schedule your appointment, please designate what you are looking for. If you are unsure, we ask that you discuss this with our team so we can help point you in the best direction.
- New patient comprehensive exam with the doctor- This is the most ideal way to enter the practice because it gives you an hour with the doctor to discuss your specific issues without having to include a hygiene appointment. If it has been a while since you've seen a dentist, or you know you have some extensive issues either cosmetic, or structural, this is the best approach to care. It allows us to maximize our time with your and create the best possible treatment options for you.
- New patient exam with hygiene appointment- Another way you can become a new patient is with the hygienist and a shorter examination with the doctor. Every new patient receives a comprehensive exam, but this is more ideal for patients who have been under consistent dental care. If during your visit there are a number of things to discuss, we may ask for you to come for a complimentary follow up consultation. Some patients may also need the scaling/root planing or deep clean during this visit- which will require additional coordination. So, while we expect to provide a thorough cleaning during this visit, the condition of your teeth and gums dictate your care and if they need more attention.
- Emergency Specific Visit- Some scenarios command attention to a single issue. This could be pain, swelling, or a broken tooth. While we cannot guarantee that issue is fully and completely dealt with- as some dental issues require the attention of a specialist or multiple appointments, we can ensure that we develop a treatment plan for you. It is still recommended that all new patients get a complete and comprehensive exam, but if you do have a single specific issue we are glad to help as best as we are able.
Financing & Insurance
Please remember that dental insurance companies have a number of different plans within their model. Even if your specific company is listed, it is best to verify with our office that we participate with a specific plan for that particular company. We do not participate in every plan every company offers. While we can assist, it is ultimately your responsibility to know your particular plan details.
If you have a change in your insurance, it is your responsibility to inform us and bring in proof of insurance before your appointment. We do not participate with any HMO.
- Lincoln Financial
- United Healthcare (UHC)
- DHA (Sunlife/Assurant)
- DeCare Dental (Teamsters)
- Cigna (DPPO Plan Only)
- DNOA (BCBS of TX/ IL/ MI/ NM/ KS/ OK/ MT)
- United Concordia (Alliance Plan Only)
- MetLife (PDP Plus and FEDVIP Plans Only)
- Anthem (BCBS of CO/ CT/ KY/ ME/ MO/ GA/ IN/ NV/ NH/ OH/ VA/ WI/ NY/ BC of CA)
Adult Health Plan
In order to help accommodate patients who value their health but do not have dental benefits, we created a loyalty savings plan. This plan allows for each individual to get their needed preventative care as well as treatment recommended by the doctors. Each plan is for an individual, however, there are both adult and children’s plans. This is an annual plan that must be renewed each year. The Child Health Plan is $299 per child and the Adult Health Plan is $450. Fees must be paid upfront and are non-refundable. The patient is responsible for making sure they utilize and schedule their benefits/cleanings.
Both plans include:
- (2) cleanings
- Any radiographs (X-rays) needed
- (2) exams
- (1) fluoride treatment
- Any emergency exams and photographs.
- 20% Off Any treatment (Other than Invisalign)
- No waiting periods
- No pre-authorizations
- No limitations
The plans are only eligible for treatment completed at our office and cannot be combined with a specialists office. This cannot be combined with any 3rd party company (CareCredit or Alpheon) and patients cannot carry a balance before signing up.
If you are interested or know someone that may be interested, please download the forms below.